- Full membership is free if you are a member of your official body: Being a member of TPFS is free providing you are a member of your official body i.e. ACPGBI and UKCS. As a result members receive a copy of Colorectal Disease every month and have a discount rate when registering for national and international meetings. Professional representation at NICE, NHS England, ACPGBI, RCS & RCOG.
- Access to TPFS database: A surgical audit database has been produced for Full Members to record their cases and outcomes for incontinence and prolapse surgery. This is free to TPFS members and should be helpful for appraisal, revalidation and applying for clinical excellence awards. It is also a CQUINS requirement.
- Research: Members who wish to undertake research can be helped with methodological and statistical advice.
- Professional advice, support and mentoring: Recognised regional & national network including study days.
- Citations for Awards: The Society is keen to provide citations for members who wish to apply for national awards (this might be extended to local awards).
- Committee Elections: Elections for Committee Members and Officers shall be held at the Annual General Meeting.
Privacy & Cookies
If information is collected via forms submitted by users to our website- for example, email newsletter subscriptions and general enquiries it is retained for administration purposes only and will never be used for any other purpose than is explicitly stated or implied at the point of submission, nor will it be passed to a third party without your express permission. You are entitled to contact us at any point to request what personal information we might hold about you, and instruct us to remove it from our records if .
Our website uses Google Analytics to track visitor statistics. Analytics tracks simple information such as how you arrived on our website, what content you read the most and how to move around the website. We use this information to help improve our website and the ways in which you can access it, so you get a better experience the next time you visit. All information gathered through Analytics is anonymous and we never knowingly collect any personal and/or identifying information. We do not share this information with any other third party beyond our appointed administration team.
Please note that as Google Analytics is provided by a third party and the information they collect is therefore outside our control, we cannot accept responsibility for any changes in their service.
There is lots of guidance explaining what cookies are and what they can do. If you want more information you can visit these sites: