Welcome to the Website of the Pelvic Floor Society
The Pelvic Floor Society (TPFS) is an affiliate of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland (ACPGBI) and for colorectal members is funded by membership to this society.
The objectives of The Pelvic Floor Society are:
- To provide a forum for members to engage in critical discussion on the investigation, diagnosis, management of pelvic floor disorders.
- Support clinical and collaborative trials that address specific questions related to pelvic floor dysfunction.
- To facilitate the interchange of information on pelvic floor disorders between members and other interested parties in the UK, Ireland and worldwide.
- Set and monitor standards of pelvic floor investigation and management.
- Engage with the NHSEngland, DOH, CRGs, NICE and other interested bodies to develop a strategic approach to the provision and commissioning of pelvic floor services.
- Provide an advisory role to the Royal colleges and related specialist societies.
- Support and develop educational initiatives. To develop a training curriculum and provide courses related to the investigation and management of pelvic floor problems.
- Organize and fund national pelvic floor clinical and research fellowships.
The society is keenly aware of the importance of a multi-disciplinary approach in the care of our patients. Colorectal surgeons, gastroenterologists, urogynaecologists, urologists, physiotherapists, radiologists, chronic pain practitioners, research practitioners, GI physiologists, continence advisors, specialist nurses, behavioural therapists, psychologists with an interest in pelvic floor disorders and clinical scientists with an interest in colonic and pelvic floor physiology are encouraged to join under the appropriate membership categories.
Membership will be granted based on the ability to demonstrate excellence in the delivery of specialist pelvic floor services. Members should be actively engaged in the study or management of patients with pelvic floor disorders. There is currently no subscription charge for membership of the Pelvic Floor Society provided that colorectal surgeons are mebers of ACPGBI and other allied healthcare professionals are members of their respective professional associations.
Shire is proud to be associated with and a PLATTINUM SPONSOR of The Pelvic Floor Society
Cook Medical is proud to provide PLATINUM support to The Pelvic Floor Society and its LVMR database