PHYSIOTHERAPISTS, SPECIALIST NURSES & ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
Welcome to the Allied Health Professionals and Specialist Nurses section of the website.
This sub-group represents and supports the physiotherapists, specialist nurses, midwives, clinical physiologists, and all other non-medical practitioners who are members of the Society. Members of this group are also members of their relevant professional organisations. A small committee overseas the group and its chair sits on the Executive Committee.
The aims of the group are to:
• Support education and professional development initiatives
• Promote and provide CPD opportunities for members to improve their knowledge, skills and understanding of the specialty, e.g. courses, workshop, mentoring
• Foster and encourage involvement in relevant research
• Promote and further the multidisciplinary approach to patient care
• Foster mutual understanding and inter-professional collaboration and facilitate good working relationships within the MDT
• Act as a conduit for communication and collaboration between the Society’s members and their professional bodies
• Develop links and collaborations with patient and public organisations and charities
• Represent the views of all AHPs, specialist nurses, midwives, physiologists etc at Executive Committee level.
Over the last two years TPFS has organised and supported a variety of courses and workshops held throughout the country, which together have and will continue to provide opportunities for education and an individual professional development. Although primarily designed for surgical trainees, theire contents are equally applicable to specialist physiotherapists and other allied healthcare workers/PAMS eg.,
Through increasing collaboration with POGP, The pain Societies, UKCS, BAUS & BSUG, The Pelvic Floor Society hopes to widen further the educational opportunities available.
As your representative, I welcome any comments, queries or suggestions that you may have. I shall also be looking for people to join my team. So please contact me or come and have a chat next time you see me.